Why hasn't Buzzsaw been removed, or changes to game play made?

• Wow, another cartoon pile-it with leet skills and awesome stats.

And has zero idea about the game as a whole.

He believes himself to be the greatest thing since sliced bread and bottled beer.

But in ten years, no one will have any idea who he was, or give a shit.
      Your sole purpose in life may be to serve as a warning to others

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. --Patrick Henry
    • Captain Virgil Hilts wrote:

Wow, another cartoon pile-it with leet skills and awesome stats.

And has zero idea about the game as a whole.

He believes himself to be the greatest thing since sliced bread and bottled beer.

But in ten years, no one will have any idea who he was, or give a shit.
      How do I have 0 idea about the game as a whole lmao? I've been playing for over 10 years lol. Big difference between game play adjustments and Coading adjustments.

I believe myself to have great knowledge about AH game play and how it attracts or repels people. So far it seems to be doing the later, and I'm simply trying to be a squeaky wheel. The fact that Hitech hasn't taken off Buzzsaw map at least really shocks me. It's hurting the game badly. I don't have to be a rocket scientist to show that players are logging off and looking for a new game when Buzzsaw map comes on. There is no logical reason it should still be here.

Why you guys always have to take things from one extreme to the other.

It all depends on if this game is still around for 10 years or not.

Anyway, Toad seems to be trying something in custom arena. While it's not the direct way I'd do it. Maybe this will be close to what I'm talking about. Still think it should be FFA and not teamed base, but I think hes doing like AI missions or something. Guess we will see how that works out.
      &quot;Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret&quot;<br />=AoM=
    • Gullinborsti wrote:

Just when I think Violated gets it he makes another "this one time at band camp" post again. You are only one step removed from an ice cream headache.
      And what the fuck do you know about Aces High? Can't even admit your in-game name on the boards, and come here and talk shit? Lol
      &quot;Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret&quot;<br />=AoM=

The post was edited 1 time, last by Violator ().

• Gullinborsti wrote:

Much. Over 10 years like you but I do not feel the need to thump my stats or achievements to back my thoughts, ideas or gripes. Any more band camp stories?

Because you can't.

Spek wrote:

Of course we are all wrong to you violator. But no one can take you seriously once you said you was a pro. Then you threw the KD at us lol. I mean put yourself in our shoes viewing your post lol!
      Of course you guys don't take anything seriously. The #s have gone from 300 to 100 in the MA, lmao. You mocked me and I proved it with a real #s that I know how the game play works. Instead of listening to players who know what they are talking about, you scrutinize them. The arrogance by you guys is proof of why the #s have dropped 300 to 100. You don't listen to people who actually know the game play. 100% evident by the #s dropping and buzzmap staying up over the last 3 months.
    • You can gripe about game play and low numbers all you want. Truth is HTC has more subscribers than you think. There are people with subscriptions who only play a handful of times throughout the year. There are subscribers that don't play at all who may want to sometime and still want their perk pts there waiting when they do.
      Roy & Dale aren't over a barrel. Dale has purchased his 2nd plane. Roy is building an AC Cobra in his garage. You get the picture.
      They welcome suggestions. But you don't go to another man's BBQ and tell him how to cook the ribs.
    • Violator wrote:

You mocked me and I proved it with a real #s that I know how the game play works.
      Correlation != causation. All you have is a hypothesis. The only way to prove you know what you are talking about is create a competing product, or have HTC adopt your ideas and watch the numbers play out. HTC isn't adopting shit, so, time to step up and begin development.

The post was edited 1 time, last by indy007 ().

• Ack-Ack wrote:

Violator wrote:

Because you can't.

. The arrogance by you guys is proof of why the #s have dropped 300 to 100.
      The only arrogance shown in this thread are your attempts at self-fellatio.
      Yall are the ones harping on that one part of the post. Don't blame me for defending what I've wrote. You'd rather attack that part of the post than the ideas Ives mentioned, which is why we've gone down this route. I wasn't just specifically speaking about myself.

Luckily the summer is coming. Maybe that will lift some spirits and #s. I'll will come back to this convo in 6 months and see where we stand.

JC wrote:

You can gripe about game play and low numbers all you want. Truth is HTC has more subscribers than you think. There are people with subscriptions who only play a handful of times throughout the year. There are subscribers that don't play at all who may want to sometime and still want their perk pts there waiting when they do.
      Roy & Dale aren't over a barrel. Dale has purchased his 2nd plane. Roy is building an AC Cobra in his garage. You get the picture.
      They welcome suggestions. But you don't go to another man's BBQ and tell him how to cook the ribs.

While I think you are right. That doesn't mean they should ignore that drastic decrease in #s by not doing anything to game play. The new release is great, but the game play is stale. There are many people who hate watching this games #s die, like me, because it could have so much potential. It is such a great concept, but Hitech won't listen to very many good players who understand the game play flow, and this is why so many players have left. Many have felt the same way, but just dont speak out about it. That's why other flight Sims are getting all the competition and market.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Violator ().

• It's starting to make sense. Hitech mentioned he has been working or thinking about this steam thing for a few months.. he releases the match play arena...an arena that would be PERFECT for a steam game. Instant action. No need for your shitty ideas violator. Buzzsaw sucks no one here likes it quit talking about it lol.
    • indy007 wrote:

Pretty much exactly what I wanted and posted about. Instant action, steam platform. Time to find a new wiring harness for my cougar hotas.. chopped up the old one to build a new cable for my racing wheel thinking AH would keep sucking forever.
      This is exactly what I've been talking about lmao, insta action. I just think it would work a lot better in a FFA platform with air spawns. No need to take out the match play. I just like FFAs better. Easier to find quicker action and you don't have to only shoot red guys. If everyone is on the same team they are all game. Makes it much easier and don't need as much coordination with other players.

Spek wrote:

It's starting to make sense. Hitech mentioned he has been working or thinking about this steam thing for a few months.. he releases the match play arena...an arena that would be PERFECT for a steam game. Instant action. No need for your shitty ideas violator. Buzzsaw sucks no one here likes it quit talking about it lol.
      I think the match play is a good step forward. Maybe it would be nice to have it on different types of terrains. But that may be a challenge. AH really did need some good 2v2 to 5v5 type matches. I know Blukitty was really harping about that.

The whole point was, why is Buzzsaw map still in rotation if literally no one likes it lmao. Indy said he wanted quick action in his post, which is pretty much what I've been arguing for this entire time. You said the quick action match play for steam would work. So, basically both of you just admitted that you agree with my premise is some regard, but think the Match play is better than the FFA. I really think both should be there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Violator ().

• Somewhat I do. InstaFurball is good, but it's just the start. The net code can support 700+, so 16 vs 16, 32 vs 32, etc are still on the table. Implement a queue system + friend groups & use it. Mix up the battle types, not just a straight air started furball, but CV vs CV fights, bomber runs vs interceptors, JABO against AI gv covered by fighters, etc. There are many, many options to add depth to the game. I can code and I've worked with 3D engines so I don't believe it would be terribly difficult to implement, especially not for long time professionals.

I think the real hurdle is the art work. Bringing 16 year old 3d models into a 2017 released steam game? The reviews are going to tear HTC a new asshole over that shit, and he can't censor them it's beyond their control.

The post was edited 1 time, last by indy007 ().