Why hasn't Buzzsaw been removed, or changes to game play made?

    • Why hasn't Buzzsaw been removed, or changes to game play made?

      New

      Sigh....

      What is the real reason why this map is still in rotation?

      Couldn't find any fights yesterday, 50 players on, not a single greed or red dar on the map for rooks.. Flew a whole 30 minute sortie over the furball area, couldn't find a single con.

      If you guys dont agree with a quick FFA arena, Then:

      It's time to start making 6x6 sector maps for off hours. This is pathetic what we are seeing now. With 50 players, the game would be amazing fun with a 6x6 map. The maps now spread action too much and deter players from even rolling. Tiny little red dars are lame as fuck. Tiny dars and inaction cause people to log. Shooting at buildings gets real old after a while.

      The only way to bring back excitement is to make a smaller arena after 2AM est to 3PM est. A very small map would condense the action and make the game so much more actionable.

      There is no action, Tanks show no action, the map looks dead. This is why #s are dying. It make no logical sense why they aren't trying to condense action better.


      Is Hitech trying to kill this game, or who is he taking directions from? They obviously haven't a damn clue how the fights on the map flow, or how action works on the map, or why players #s are stale.

      I can only try so hard....

      This lack of action is pissing me off. I truly enjoy this game when there is action, but this inaction on the actual maps and game play is really pissing me off. Players don't have time for this. Can you imagine what a new player must feel during a 2 week trial? Sheesh.

      At what level of #s or players will there need to be left for Hitech to realize something isn't right?

      Why can they not understand how action flows?

      Why cant they understand that pandering to players who like strategy and hiding in the trees, with no other players around, is not how you grow #s. People want action, damnit. WTF???

      I encourage Hitech to play his own game from 9AM est- 12AM est one day, so he can actually understand why the game is so slow right now... Lets see how much fun he has searching for red cons during a 25 minute sortie.

      Something needs to be done.


      This is a fair warning.
      &quot;Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret&quot;<br />=AoM=
    • New

      Ack-Ack wrote:

      Violator wrote:

      This is a fair warning.
      LOL! The "real pro" of AH speaksThe reason why so many ignore your rants (me included) is because it always boils down to you trying to dictate how others should play the game as you want them to.
      That's a very untrue statement, and a poor vision. That's the excuse you all use to assure yourself you are doing the right thing with game play.


      Hitech's core game #s have gone from 300 to 100 players in the MA. And under 70 before 5 PM.

      You guys are crazy If you think doing nothing is going to increase #s. It's very dissapointing that you all insist everything is okay, as more people log from bordem.

      Keep it up!
      &quot;Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret&quot;<br />=AoM=
    • New

      Violator. You seem like you could be a decent guy. With that said. What you don't realize and I do not think you will ever understand. Is Dale/Hitech is gonna do whatever the fuck he wants. If what you are proposing had any effects on his decision making he would have acted and implemented it already. Dude, your blowing hot air and wasting your time. If you want your ideas to work read up on presentation you do a shit job of presenting your points. Actually no, you do well telling us what you want it's when someone argues against you. You can't handle someone with a different opinion. Because to you that person is wrong! When in fact you don't know that.. work on your BBS skills and you may get a ball rolling. Claiming to be a pro isn't gonna fucking work lol. No one gives a shit of you are good at agame man. Unless your making money doing it, it don't mean shit.
    • New

      If you're expecting regular logic to enter into many HTC decisions, you're going to be waiting a looooong time. HT uses some sort of game theory or higher level math I think to make his business decisions, which is why 99% of the customers don't understand them. I'll go to my grave wondering how someone with a small team of just a few others back in 99 could create such an amazing product, based on his previous amazing products, and then make such insane business decisions (to most people) which have greatly affected his customer base, particularly the numbers and retention.

      I still think the answer and solution is out there, if back in 2010 there could be full arenas, so full they were split into 2 MAs, there can be full arenas with the new version, which is far superior to "AH2".
      It's nothing a little music can't help...

    • New

      Spek wrote:

      Violator. You seem like you could be a decent guy. With that said. What you don't realize and I do not think you will ever understand. Is Dale/Hitech is gonna do whatever the fuck he wants. If what you are proposing had any effects on his decision making he would have acted and implemented it already. Dude, your blowing hot air and wasting your time. If you want your ideas to work read up on presentation you do a shit job of presenting your points. Actually no, you do well telling us what you want it's when someone argues against you. You can't handle someone with a different opinion. Because to you that person is wrong! When in fact you don't know that.. work on your BBS skills and you may get a ball rolling. Claiming to be a pro isn't gonna fucking work lol. No one gives a shit of you are good at agame man. Unless your making money doing it, it don't mean shit.
      The point is Spek, people like me who know furballs and flight action way better than 98% of the people in this game, others like Latrobe, and Grizz, and Lazer, for example, who play(ed) the game a lot (who prove it in many ways) are trying or have tried to make very good suggestions about actually increasing the #s. While you guys would be considered pros too, your opinion of doing nothing has failed in increasing #s. Being good at the game actually does have merit, because we understand the game play flow much better than your average stick. We understand it even better than Hitech and that is the misconception he has, becuase he doesn't play the game that often. We know what forces people to fight and what forces people to log off. You all consider no level of psychology to your understanding of why the #s have shrank. Time and bordem add up. During the off hours, the simplist things take 10 minutes to get to base, bomb some ORD or something and immediately get sent to tower from ack or something. No red guys to shoot. It's just boring, dull, slow, m3 supply, 88MM stupid game play. The Buzzsaw map is like sticking a stick in an open wound. I just hate to see you guys be so irrational in your arguements, while acting the same way I apparently act when you write your posts. The failing #s prove my arguement. That's the entire point of why I write this shit. Instead of not doing anything that well known long time players have made suggestions about. You guys just sit there and watch the #s fall, and tell everyone else their ideas don't hold water.

      It's a real shame.



      Gman wrote:

      If you're expecting regular logic to enter into many HTC decisions, you're going to be waiting a looooong time. HT uses some sort of game theory or higher level math I think to make his business decisions, which is why 99% of the customers don't understand them. I'll go to my grave wondering how someone with a small team of just a few others back in 99 could create such an amazing product, based on his previous amazing products, and then make such insane business decisions (to most people) which have greatly affected his customer base, particularly the numbers and retention.

      I still think the answer and solution is out there, if back in 2010 there could be full arenas, so full they were split into 2 MAs, there can be full arenas with the new version, which is far superior to "AH2".
      I know. It really is just an amazing game. It's a shame it has to be this way. I'd love for big action all over the map. But maybe, just maybe, he will understand the rationale behind what I'm really saying. Because it would bring the action back. 6x6 arenas in the off hours, would keep people playing and fighting. Everyone could find action or not (if they are tree hiders). How can people tell me that won't work? Hitech likes to make things his own and does things his own original way, which is great in many aspects. But when it comes to simplicity, he makes it way to complicated than it should be. A few strat adjustments and vehicle spawns, m3 supply loophole, would go a long way, but he ignores all of it. He has such a great concept for a game but his lack of understanding the game play is what is truely creating the down fall, and he won't listen to the people who know if the best, and that is his choice, and his overall loss of subscribers, I guess.
      &quot;Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret&quot;<br />=AoM=

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Violator ().

    • New

      Violator wrote:

      The point is Spek, people like me who know furballs and flight action way better than 98% of the people in this game
      This is why the majority of the people ignore you. You claim to know what is best of all of us and again, just boils down to you wanting people to play the game how you'd like them to play.

      Here's a clue dipshit...it's an open world sand box game which allows people to play the game how they want to play, not how you want them to play. Once you understand that, then just maybe people will start to listen to you.
    • New

      Ack-Ack wrote:

      Violator wrote:

      The point is Spek, people like me who know furballs and flight action way better than 98% of the people in this game
      This is why the majority of the people ignore you. You claim to know what is best of all of us and again, just boils down to you wanting people to play the game how you'd like them to play.
      Here's a clue dipshit...it's an open world sand box game which allows people to play the game how they want to play, not how you want them to play. Once you understand that, then just maybe people will start to listen to you.
      Which again, it's not even remotely changing any aspect to making the game different or how I want it to be. It's changing a few aspects of the MA to make it more playable and fun. Why is that so hard to concept? It would still be a fucking sand box game, just with easier to find action. And more people fighting against each other. Apparently that's not the point of online game play any more? Maybe I'm confused.

      Look. I'm currently #1 fighter rank in the MA. I've been playing for 12 years. I've achieved a 227-7 k/d. I've been #1 most kills in FSO a few times, I've got the most kills in combat challenge a few times. I'm second right now for most kills in a sortie on combat challenge. I've won tournament of champs KOTH. I had overall 2.3 fighter rank average for 2016.
      You can say what ever you want. Just becuase you don't like my opinions and observations doesn't mean I'm not a pro in AH.

      I can actually prove that I understand the fighter and playability aspect to the game with stats in the MA and event performances. I know very well how to create action and why #s have shrunk. Boredom and time consuming dull action. I'm guessing it's just going to be an "I told you so" when #s drop below 50 during prime time.

      I think you guys are being very naive when it comes to listening to players who actually know what they are doing and talk about Lazer and Grizz and Latrobe are other examples. We are trying to make the game more actionable. You guys act like doing nothing will increase #s. Or doing something will decrease the #s. I guess we will see how that works out.
      &quot;Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret&quot;<br />=AoM=

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Violator ().

    • New

      And here you go again boasting your achievements in a game. You realize no one gives a flying fuck if you go 227-7 in the MA. Or that you win a TOC in arguably the easiest format available. You didn't have to fly against he best to win yours Stop telling us how good you are. No one cares man. Not one soul. You being decent at the game isn't gonna make me listen to you lol.
    • New

      You guys are the ones who attacked my game play experience, and I backed it up with real #s. Now you guys are mad. You attack my reasons for making game play more actionable, and haven't provided any evidence that your reasoning is better. The #s have stagnated because of inaction and stale gameplay. I'm giving valid reasons on how to fix stale game play based on my very good understanding of AH combat. That's the correlation I am trying to make.

      Unfortunately none of the Muppets even play anymore because it's just not exciting anymore. It goes right into my arguement.
      &quot;Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret&quot;<br />=AoM=

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Violator ().

    • New

      Violator wrote:

      You guys are the ones who attacked my game play experience, and I backed it up with real #s. Now you guys are mad. You attack my reasons for making game play more actionable, and haven't provided any evidence that your reasoning is better. The #s have stagnated because of inaction and stale gameplay. I'm giving valid reasons on how to fix stale game play based on my very good understanding of AH combat. That's the correlation I am trying to make.

      Unfortunately none of the Muppets even play anymore because it's just not exciting anymore. It goes right into my arguement.
      No one attacked your abilities. We are laughing at you boasting your self. You are trying to have a dick measuring contest or something. I'm not attacking your reasons for bettering the game. I'm telling you that you are wasting your time. This game has to be a damn tax write off or something at this point.
    • New

      ...and nobody listens to a boastful little cunt, no matter how well he plays the game.

      Here's a tip furball boy... they have a lake named after you. You want fights, you want action, go there and get some... bring your other top sticks with you.

      Don't cry because you can't find any baby seals to club at your leisure furball boy.
      Function is the key.
    • New

      What the game is lacking is guys that gave back to the community like nrshida and 999000 and the VF17 gang...

      Now it's just a bunch of queers that want targets.


      Maybe Violator could spend some time in the TA with some new.

      Hard to get score in the TA though.
      Function is the key.
    • New

      Spek wrote:

      Violator wrote:

      You guys are the ones who attacked my game play experience, and I backed it up with real #s. Now you guys are mad. You attack my reasons for making game play more actionable, and haven't provided any evidence that your reasoning is better. The #s have stagnated because of inaction and stale gameplay. I'm giving valid reasons on how to fix stale game play based on my very good understanding of AH combat. That's the correlation I am trying to make.

      Unfortunately none of the Muppets even play anymore because it's just not exciting anymore. It goes right into my arguement.
      No one attacked your abilities. We are laughing at you boasting your self. You are trying to have a dick measuring contest or something. I'm not attacking your reasons for bettering the game. I'm telling you that you are wasting your time. This game has to be a damn tax write off or something at this point.

      Yeah, y'all did. I think there are many pros or AH. Many have played this game for a long time at a top level. I'm not tooting my own horn. It's takin a lot of practice and playing this game for a long time to know what I'm talking about in the game play or AH. All I said was that Hitech should listen to the pros of the game play and I included myself in that. You guys mocked me for it, and so I wrote why I believe I am a pro level at this game. Those stats show that I do very much understand the gameplay better than most people. The point is that people who are very good at this game understand how the action flows and why things happen. Those opinions should be highly studied for better game play action. Instead you guys have watched the #s fall from 300 a night in the arena to about 100, while scrutinizing many great players who really knew what they were talking about.

      While I do realize that I'm wasting my time. Maybe down the road when the #s finally become too much to bear. You all will look back on these posts, and say, guess we should try what he suggested, even though he was a dick.
      &quot;Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret&quot;<br />=AoM=
    • New

      MurderFace wrote:

      What the game is lacking is guys that gave back to the community like nrshida and 999000 and the VF17 gang...

      Now it's just a bunch of queers that want targets.


      Maybe Violator could spend some time in the TA with some new.

      Hard to get score in the TA though.
      Plz dont suggest this,he will just try to explain to some noob how some planes have a better lift vector than others! Suggesting a FFA arena will promote skill is nonsense,only practice and seat time will do that.
    • New

      Violator, while you may be in the top % of dog fighters, doesn't mean you know whats best for the game. Supplying your AH scores doesn't prove anything as most of those scores that you listed can be easily manipulated. Not to say that's what you did, as I have always enjoyed our fights. I was on flying Buzzsaw while you were complaining about how you couldn't find a fight on the Rook side. You could have easily swapped countries and found fights, as I was finding them easily.

      In almost 15 years that I've played AH, I've never been as bored as you describe. I play at all hours of the day and most of my time is played outside of prime time. I don't get to play as much as I used to, due to life. However, the game is what YOU make of it. Everyone is given the same tools to play the game. How you use them is up to you.
    • New

      spitbull wrote:

      MurderFace wrote:

      What the game is lacking is guys that gave back to the community like nrshida and 999000 and the VF17 gang...

      Now it's just a bunch of queers that want targets.


      Maybe Violator could spend some time in the TA with some new.

      Hard to get score in the TA though.
      Plz dont suggest this,he will just try to explain to some noob how some planes have a better lift vector than others! Suggesting a FFA arena will promote skill is nonsense,only practice and seat time will do that.

      It will promote fighting which is what I'm looking for. It will promote people to actually be able to find cons and shoot them down in a quick period of time. Learn their controls and learn a new plane. AH has nothing like that anymore. The match play still needs coordination of players on the same page, ready to fight at the same time. That's not easy to do for a new player. I've actually helped quite a few players learn this game and become better. I know that putting players in a quick fight arena would greatly enhance their ability to want to learn to dog fight better. It would wash off in the MA, and there wouldn't be so many runners who don't know how to fight.


      BWDelta wrote:

      Violator, while you may be in the top % of dog fighters, doesn't mean you know whats best for the game. Supplying your AH scores doesn't prove anything as most of those scores that you listed can be easily manipulated. Not to say that's what you did, as I have always enjoyed our fights. I was on flying Buzzsaw while you were complaining about how you couldn't find a fight on the Rook side. You could have easily swapped countries and found fights, as I was finding them easily.

      In almost 15 years that I've played AH, I've never been as bored as you describe. I play at all hours of the day and most of my time is played outside of prime time. I don't get to play as much as I used to, due to life. However, the game is what YOU make of it. Everyone is given the same tools to play the game. How you use them is up to you.
      The fighter score cannot be as easily manipulated as people think. That's why I don't play attack or bombers or tanks as much, where shooting at buildings pads your score. Fighter rank actually does take some skill to achieve, at least in the Top 5. Is it easier to do if you only fly temps and 262s yes, but I like to challenge myself in other types of planes too. The correlation I'm trying to make is that I know how people fly, and know what they do in the MA, which is why I'm able to have a pretty decent record every month. I think it's harder than most people in this game give credit for.
      This is the only the way I can show what I'm talking about, IE, I've been playing for a long time at a top level, heres a score to show that I play at a top level, here's why I think the #s are dying.... That's pretty rational to a sense I would think.

      This is has really been the first month I've been able to play during the day and night. In Buzzsaw when I was playing, there wasn't so much as a far on the rooks side, green or red, now I could have switched sides, but how am I suppose to know which side is winning the fights on the other side of the map? If I joined knights, but they were the ones hoarding, then im SOL until the fight changes, or my 6 hours is up. Like Grizz got banned for, the time change is just too long and should really be like 3 hours, IMO. I don't like to even roll if there are only 2 cons in a giant 25 mile sector, with a tiny small red dar. It just doesn't cut it for me. I don't think it's cutting it for the majoirity of players who want fights.

      I will start taking pictures of the maps while I'm on, and post them here, so you can see what I'm talking about. Ill point out what I see on the maps, and why there isn't much action. That's maybe another way I can describe what's going on, without having to use my game experience and scores as a way to point out that I know how the game play flows.

      I mainly play this game for the fighter action, and while you can "make of it what you want" it takes other people fighting in the skies with and agaisnt me to make it actionable. Taking 15 minutes to fly to a base and Jabo, then die instantly to ack is boring for many players. Flying 25 minutes looking for some planes to shoot at is slow. This is what is making it very very difficult for new players to hold their interest. That's just the truth. Even Frenchy was deflated, he said he was craving some AH action, when he got on, it was Buzzsaw and he was deflated, no action, no airplane battles any where. This is what I'm affraid of for AH.


      Ack-Ack wrote:

      Violator since you claim to know how to make the game better, why don't you create a game design doc (assuming you know how) and then submit it to HTC?
      I claim that just a few simple things would go a long way in changing the pace of the game play. I honestly don't know jack crap about computers. But my changes have nothing to do with Coading or rewriting. The problems AH have are simple changes.

      1. Strats and resupply and tank spawns. Talk to Lazar and Snailman. These can be changed inside the game in the arena settings. It's making it not even fun to spend 30 minutes bombing, when a player can resupp the base in 5 minutes.

      2. Tanks have become more popular while radar action on the map has decreased. Tanks don't show action. If there is 1 small DAR, and you see 1 con in the air, how do I know if there are 10 tanks sitting there? 1 con only in the sky? This means 10 players are hiding on the map, where it looks like there is no action. Tanks need to start showing a dar or something. If the majority of players are in tanks. How does a new player know where the action is? If you don't think it matters. See what's happens when the HQ goes down, and all you can see are flashing bases.


      3. Create a 6x6 map with 15 mile bases for off hours with under 50 players. Condensing the action would make it a lot more exciting. The #s would grow in the off hours.

      4. Push the fields on new maps to 15-17 miles. This would make the time traveled to bases a little shorter. Would keep down alt monkeys, would keep down hoards, becuase it would be easier to defend from back fields. It would create a little quicker action and people wouldnt have to spend so much time every sortie just getting to a base. It would also make the fights a little bigger because it wouldn't take so long to get back to the fight.


      5. If no changes at all to the MA. Make the FFA arena and limit the perk planes. I've already mentioned the kind of FFA in other post. Or at least fix the furball DA lake area. It's not working and flying over the water is boring. I'm not sure you can even fly on it now becuase the team play thing.

      6. Use the arena message to promote special events in the MA. A lot of players don't go to the forum.. a lot of players don't even know what the special events are. Having an arena message update every week of the events would promote the special events on a whole new level.


      Simple game fixes. Not Coading or creating a whole new game. Not changing the game type. These changes are all in game fixes or new maps that would promote fighter combat action a lot better and bring the action back!
      &quot;Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret&quot;<br />=AoM=

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Violator ().