New page on AH III

• The Fugitive wrote:

They had planned on doing videos as a learning tool. The issues come up when there are too many people saying" this is right", or "you shouldn't say it that way", "or the angle in that view is off a bit", or" that term isnt the one I would use"....blah blah blah. Too many chefs, no cooks

I think even if the info was left a bit less detailed, a bit more vague, at least there would BE so info out there.
      With that mindset on tutorials you can get guys showing you how to HO on the merge or telling new guys that they should rely on it against better sticks....there's a right way to do it but it takes time to make the film first, send it to the people with the knowledge and correct terminology(I would have Bruv correct anything I say wrong/do wrong because I consider him the overall best fighter in game) then I would re edit then show it to the community....a lot of these guys make these tutorials with opinions but don't state them as such...like it's an opinion that you only BnZ in a 109(Vudu15) but in all reality you become a lot more lethal in a 109 when you mix all of it's strengths together...really depends on the fight and kinda why you can't make "This is how you fly this plane films" because ACM in general is the same between them all but some perform better in different areas like dives/high speed/ low speed/ ect ect ect.
    • Joeacheem is a fantastic pilot, no doubt, but Bruv puts more time into the game, and that means a lot IMO. If Joe played as much, I'd probably agree with you. 1v1 Bruv and Joe is 5/6 and pick em, down to whoever is just more "on" that day. There are others that are superb pilots too, but in terms of what Junky is talking about - and Junky is one of the best fighters as well - I agree with him. Jo would work too for the purpose, but more players know Bruv just due to him being out there playing more overall. Bruv also plays a different way I've noticed from fighting him, Joe will just throw caution to the wind - flies a lot like I do IMO in that regard, just doesn't care about getting smoked or into a multi threat fight with no "outs" like altitude or friends. Bruv plays really seriously, and rarely makes mistakes or puts himself in a position that is bad just due to being overly aggressive. Pretty much flawless play when I've watched him.

Latrobe's vids are great, another pilot that used to fly with us/Muppets is Agent360. Agent had great 109 specific vids, explained what he was doing on vox in the videos, and for their time were very good IMO.

I think if Dolby put together some ACM training vids with help from Bruv/Jo/Junky/etc, they'd be helpful for new players once they get their feet under, as well as everyone else. A comprehensive set of vids showing the majority of common ACM maneuvers.

Another guy that made some great vids was the xF14 pilot in the G3MF squad, Mace. He made a great one once on doing pitch backs and other simpler moves, I'll see if I can find it again. Haven't seen him in game for a year or so, too bad, he was a great resource as he was a RL fighter pilot, and not just any old fighter pilot, but a Top Gun instructor and CO of the VX Navy squadron doing testing. So, a great pilot, but also had the ability to teach others. I'll find some PMs we exchanged, very articulate and accurate when describing maneuvers, and made it very clear and simple to understand the concepts. He'd be a great guy to have involved in a project such as the above, give it instant street cred too due to his background.
      It's nothing a little music can't help...

• Spek wrote:

Bruv isn't the best haha. Love him to death as a squad member but Joachim is far above anyone that plays this game or ever has to be completely honest. I even dueld your friend Krup. Even he doesn't hold a candle to him.
      All opinion, I would put JO top 3 easily, but from my experience against both...which with Bruv is from many different types of environments (SEA, KOTH, DA, MA, ect ect ect) I can make a better overall case,....look at the 12 hour scenario...the dude lopsided an event all by himself...JO is good at KOTH and 1v1...I haven't seen him drop a lot of big numbers anywhere else...doesn't mean he's not a great stick and does amazing things in a fighter

its an opinion, which are based off experience....from my experience I have seen better fighter ability out of Bruv BUT like Gman said, thats because Bruv is more well rounded in all of Aces High.

We'll see who the best is tomorrow at TOC :)
    • Funniest thing I ever saw Bruv do was spawn a B25 at a base that had a tank attacking it with the VH down, taxi out of the hanger, wheel brake his cannon on target right behind a T34 and Boom.
      "What the fuck was that"
      Mayor of Hiroshima
      August 6th 8:16am 1945
    • I would like to point out that I hurriedly produced 2 109 Training films, E and F, after being informed of Vudu15s shabby 109 training film filled with "erroneous" information.. They may still be watchable through the BBS links, in a thread named "So, you want to learn the early 109s".. I think now the training film would be "AcesHigh is filled with runstangs and dora dweebs, you're fucked and wasting your time ... the end"
      You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
      youtube.com/user/20Dolby10
      twitch.tv/glendinho
      INTEL i5-4690K, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Z97-P, AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    • Didn't they really piss Mace off over something as well?
      I usually notice when something like that happens, and make note of it in order to back up future arguments regarding HTC's poor policies, I don't recall hearing that. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though, if anyone knows (cough Akak), I'd really like to hear about it, as like I said, I used to ask Mace a pile of questions, not just about the game but about naval aviation and combat in general (for my own writing/info purposes), and haven't seen him post in quite a while, and he hasn't been online either.

Eagl is great for that sort of thing as well, I should have mentioned him in the previous post. Man, if HTC did something which got Mace to leave, that really emphasizes the argument that their PR and other policies, and how they interact with customers, is ridiculous. Having a guy like Mace involved in your air combat game, oh, you know, only one of the best fighter pilots around, is beneficial in more ways than can be counted, and in HTCs shoes I'd be doing everything I could to take advantage of that, not pissing them off over forum moderation or other typical fucking bullshit that is done. Of course, it's conjecture that they did piss Mace off until someone pipes up with a story about it, but based on the hundreds of PNGs that I see in every old thread I read, it's more likely than not.
      It's nothing a little music can't help...

• I forgot all about koth, dam that was fun.

I remember being pretty dam good in Aces High. I think I won a koth, definitely won top spot on dueling ladder becuase I can't forget shanes fucking whiny bicth texts.

I hope something like AH or AH is still around in 5 years or so.
    • Gman wrote:

I think if Dolby put together some ACM training vids with help from Bruv/Jo/Junky/etc, they'd be helpful for new players once they get their feet under, as well as everyone else. A comprehensive set of vids showing the majority of common ACM maneuvers.
      I still remember much from the tutorials I lost to a SSD failure, production would have been easier. Anyway I tried to get my BBS account unPNGd to see if this could be a starter.

"No, we would not." was the answer. Pity.
      You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
      youtube.com/user/20Dolby10
      twitch.tv/glendinho
      INTEL i5-4690K, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Z97-P, AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    • Oh the things I don't miss from staying on the AH forums in general...all the whiny ass tardlets who think they are/were the best. I believe I transcended all that extra crap many moons ago.
    • Dolby wrote:

Gman wrote:

I still remember much from the tutorials I lost to a SSD failure, production would have been easier. Anyway I tried to get my BBS account unPNGd to see if this could be a starter.
      "No, we would not." was the answer. Pity.
      Well that sucks. Aside from Vudu's films there's not a heck of a lot for new guys to learn from.
    • toadstool wrote:

Dolby wrote:

Gman wrote:

I still remember much from the tutorials I lost to a SSD failure, production would have been easier. Anyway I tried to get my BBS account unPNGd to see if this could be a starter."No, we would not." was the answer. Pity.
      Well that sucks. Aside from Vudu's films there's not a heck of a lot for new guys to learn from.
      The best way to learn is to fly with skilled players