AH Beta is here!

• I've been messing with the beta quite a bit, I've found that at 1440p or 1080p the performance is very much the same, with all settings maxed I get 85 to 144 fps with 2 980 (I have SLI OFF as the AH profiles don't make any difference I've found), using a single 980. If I turn down environment reflections to 1, it's usually around 120 to 144fps. Also, don't use the default base in beta, go to A5 and test stuff, it gives a better more realistic fps count IMO.

Turning off shadows makes a huge diff on how the game's smoothness looks, even at 144 fps with shadows on it looks...clunky at times, with shadows off it looks smoother than AH2 ever has on any machine I've used it on, almost a "holy shit" moment when I first tried that. I've been mucking around disabling the in game HTC anti aliasing and setting the nVidia control panel to 8x (max) and 16x antifiltering as well. I think the in game AA for now works a bit better.

I'm still wanting to see how it looks when 2 CV groups clash with 20 fighters in the air. I'm also waiting to see this big "hook" HTC has created to make the game appealing to the masses - spawning into AI fights is cool and all, but not all that new of an idea for HTC or online games in general of this type. I want an MA type arena that can be populated by beta testers too, but for now it's just the provided arenas which are always empty or have max 2 or 3 players that aren't on comms at all testing bugs and whatnot.
      It's nothing a little music can't help...

• Yeah, the shadows are a little off in how blocky they are. I saw that the smoothing option has been taken away causing them to move and act all jumpy with low res at distance. Also that texture size cant be controlled to aid frame rates, which did come as a surprise
      You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
      youtube.com/user/20Dolby10
      twitch.tv/glendinho
      INTEL i5-4690K, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Z97-P, AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
    • Combining video settings outside of the game (ie before launching it) on the clipboard - where you can set texture size, resolution, and field of view - as well as settings inside the game, I think most players will be able to get it to work cheaply. I have home theater PCs with 6 year old 5770 cards that can play it with settings lowered across the board, pretty well too. As in a 200$ used PC with such a card can play it.

I still would like to know what they have planned for the Main Arena, which is the heart of the game - tic tac toe arenas will have NO effect on bringing new players, none. It's all down to the MA and what features it'll have. IMO I'd be happy with much the same deal as before, with a few tweaks here and there, but apparently they have some big "hook" that they in typical HTC fashion have kept secret. If stealing sheep playing capture the flag was their "big" idea, I'm going to be pretty disappointed, and will laugh as that falls on its face.

• HTC has done some pretty decent work in the last couple weeks IMO. Things are improving.

Most importantly IMO, they have come up with a new arena that doesn't suck, that IMO will actually be VERY popular, and I'm looking forward to it.

It's a 1v1 arena, where you can spawn into an immediate 1v1 with a live opponent. Read some others posting about possibilities for all kinds of neat stuff with this, 2v2 or more maybe, even squad duels and such. Anyhow, I think this is a great addition to the DA concept, and will be an arena that really caters to those of us who like to "fight" in the game. Great supplement to the MA, unlike so many other concepts so far, this one is going to work well.

• nuke wrote:

Funny, Dolby!

The sky in the first one looks really cool. Not talking about the orange.
      Yeah, the sky box is much better. I feel though that it is slightly too bright
      You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
      youtube.com/user/20Dolby10
      twitch.tv/glendinho
      INTEL i5-4690K, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Z97-P, AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dolby ().

• Gman wrote:

I've been messing with the beta quite a bit, I've found that at 1440p or 1080p the performance is very much the same, with all settings maxed I get 85 to 144 fps with 2 980 (I have SLI OFF as the AH profiles don't make any difference I've found), using a single 980. If I turn down environment reflections to 1, it's usually around 120 to 144fps. Also, don't use the default base in beta, go to A5 and test stuff, it gives a better more realistic fps count IMO.

Turning off shadows makes a huge diff on how the game's smoothness looks, even at 144 fps with shadows on it looks...clunky at times, with shadows off it looks smoother than AH2 ever has on any machine I've used it on, almost a "holy shit" moment when I first tried that. I've been mucking around disabling the in game HTC anti aliasing and setting the nVidia control panel to 8x (max) and 16x antifiltering as well. I think the in game AA for now works a bit better.

I'm still wanting to see how it looks when 2 CV groups clash with 20 fighters in the air. I'm also waiting to see this big "hook" HTC has created to make the game appealing to the masses - spawning into AI fights is cool and all, but not all that new of an idea for HTC or online games in general of this type. I want an MA type arena that can be populated by beta testers too, but for now it's just the provided arenas which are always empty or have max 2 or 3 players that aren't on comms at all testing bugs and whatnot.
      Jump in the b17 mission and see what FRs you get.

I run a single 980 on a gaming motherboard and good Intel CPU - I think it's a 4790. In AH two with all the graphics maxed, it's rare I get under 50. In the beta, I have most all the graphic settings maxed or near so, and I get good FR (60 is max for my monitor) in most of the missions. However in the B17 mission, in a bomber with attacking fighters I dip into the teens. Still playable though. I will likely have to back off some of the settings to get reliable gameplay - maybe turning off shadows will help
      Every last one of you need a good dose of Mark Levin

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people - John Adams

Prostitution done right is a service to the community and to people in general.. you only need to look at nevada to see it done right. - Lazs -

The post was edited 1 time, last by -ammo- ().

• I know, that's very old news, Skuzzy brings that up with regularity to defend HTC whenever somebody whines about the SLI sucking with the game - it's not HTCs fault really, but it's still reality.