DCS

• Love to score it, can't afford it right now. 1st I have got to learn how to fucking land that UH-1.
      This program is simulcast in broken English.
      The rednecks get mistaken for bigots, because it was true that they didn’t like black people, but only because they didn’t like anybody.
    • Heh, there are some great vids on Youtube for the UH1, that's how I first learned to take off, hover, and then land. I'll find them again and post them if you like.

The Spits controls are very twitchy, I haven't really set up any controllers other than to assign them, no optimization yet, but this is the first plane in DCS I've tried where a small elevator and aileron input = massive overcontrol and looking at the sun all of a sudden.

The terrain looks great, even in the Rift.
      It's nothing a little music can't help...

• What controllers? I've got the Warthog HOTAS and took out the middle spring so I could actually fly the UH-1. There are a bunch of .lga files for it, but none that make it easy enough to slow the hell down. Made my own .lga files for it using the throttle one side for the collective and the other for the throttle. I'll hunt down those YouTube vids and see what I'm missin.
      This program is simulcast in broken English.
      The rednecks get mistaken for bigots, because it was true that they didn’t like black people, but only because they didn’t like anybody.
    • I have over 20 Hotas controllers, I've collected them since the 90s, but I typically fly DCS with the Warthog stick/throttle, and VKB pedals, as I like them the best of the 4 sets I have (Slaw109, MFG Crooswind, CH, and VKB pedals), and they are the best for helo flying by far. I use a CH stick/throttle for AH3 and the VKBs usually too.

For flying the DCS Helos, I just find that being 30 seconds or a minute ahead of what you want to do is critical when it comes to deceleration and lowering altitude. There is a great practice/training vid a good Arma3/DCS helo pilot made I'll find and post here, Dslexic is his name IIRC, and he has great tips on where to place the controls for everything from initial take off/hover in ground effect, to decelrating and lowering alt into low alt hover and landings. Following along and watching the DCS control tip box, the red one showing control positions, really helped me learn to fly the Huey, Gazelle, and..that's it, as I haven't tried the KA52 or other Russian Hip thing yet.

DCS/Wags released a couple new F18 videos this week, the Hornet is coming sooner than later, I hope before Xmas we get a pre release version, it looks so fantastic, I can't wait for the JHMCS and Aim9x, so I can shoot at SU22s and have them spoof my missiles with old Russian flares, just like real life, haha.
      It's nothing a little music can't help...